Worship.
When I am sinning, every aspect of my worship is diminished.
Worship in song is, more often than not, my souls heartbeat. I love beautiful voices & tones, acoustic sounds, piano, jazzy melodies, violin/cello, hip hop beats, gospel choirs(actually choirs of any kind), country twang, the curious feel of alternative, bass that reverberates thru/around me, multiple part harmonies, melancholy ballads, the harsh beats of rock, & even a soulful rift or two; but none of that matters when I'm walking in sin. I still love all of those things but I can never find the "right" song or station to listen too. This is normally my first 'tell' in the progression of acknowledging my sins. I'll realize one day while driving around, frustrated with myself for not being able to just pick what music I want; or I will not want to listen to 'worship' music of any kind.
My worship through song is made 'antisocial' because of my sin.
The Lord wired me in such a way that this is an effective punishment. It is a weighty thing for me to not find joy in singing but instead feel like I'm just moving my jaw up & down. I feel melancholy when the joy I find in serving is replaced with aimless action. Even the smallest of sins creates an antisocial nature in my worship; how I hate my sin.
Psalm 66:1-2
"Shout for joy to God, all the earth! Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious."
In thinking about how sin is antisocial in nature, how my sin causes all areas of my life to be antisocial in someway, that I am supposed to Psalm 66:1-2, & that all of this has the resonating truth of the Gospel in the foreground- I can't stop singing the chorus of The Stand..."So I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned in awe of the One who gave it all...So I'll stand my soul Lord to You surrendered all I am is Yours!"
grateful heart + empty/quiet/soft-lit room + headphones blaring =
unashamed, abandoned, uninhibited worship
"So I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
So I'll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours!"
**DISCLAIMER**
I KNOW, BELIEVE, & UNDERSTAND THAT WORSHIP IS NOT JUST SINGING.
I, FOR THIS POST, FELT IT NECESSARY TO POINT OUT &
HIGHLIGHT THAT EXTENSION OF WORSHIP IN MY LIFE,
WHEN & HOW IT IS AFFECTED BY MY SIN.

No comments:
Post a Comment